Auto Avia Design Pty Ltd is an aeronautical engineering design organisation located in Sydney, Australia. Auto Avia Design has built an outstanding reputation for innovative, cost effective and timely aeronautical design solutions for a wide range of clients. As one of a select few companies holding a Certificate of Design from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, Auto Avia Design is qualified and has the experience to meet any design and certification requirements your organisation may have ranging from the simple to the most complex. Our client list is impressive, covering major Australian airlines, the Department of Defence, major Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organisations both in Australia and Asia, regional airlines, Government departments, private companies and private operators.
We recognise our clients’ requirements for quality and economy – the team at Auto Avia Design is respected for producing cost-effective and practical design solutions.
One-off modifications are our expertise – our wealth of experience means our products are delivered meeting time, budget and performance requirements.
Time is money – our versatile design team develops prompt design solutions and minimises your expenses, allowing you to focus on your core business.
Clients appreciate our pragmatic approach to projects large and small – we design with durability, operation and maintenance in mind.
Auto Avia Design commenced trading in May 1989 as a sole trader consultancy and was incorporated as Auto Avia Design Pty Ltd (ABN 98 002 793 053) in July 1992.
Since 1989, the organisation has grown steadily to become one of the most active independent aviation design and certification organisations in Australia.
Auto Avia Design is particularly proud of its first class reputation, work quality and cooperation with the Australian National Airworthiness Authority: The Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
The organisation was originally established to provide service in three areas that were perceived to be either not serviced or inadequately serviced by existing design organisations:
- Design and certification of fixed and rotary wing EMS/SAR/special equipment and installations.
- Professional engineering support for growing regional airlines.
- Design, testing and documentation support for Australian military aviation.
This core business has been expanded to include major inter-state and international airlines, contract design and certification of OEM products for major manufacturers.Contact Us
As one of a select few companies holding a Certificate of Design from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, Auto Avia Design is qualified and has the experience to meet any design and certification requirements your organisation may have ranging from the simple to the most complex. our client list is impressive, covering major Australian airlines, the Department of Defence, major Maintenance Repair and Overhaul(MRO) organisations both in Australia and Asia, regional airlines, Government departments, private companies and private operators.
- Certificate of Approval (Design) No C509045 for design of aircraft and aircraft components
- CASR Part 21M Instrument of Appointment (formerly CAR35/36)
- Flight Testing
- CASR Part 21J Approved Design Organisation (application in progress)
- Flight Testing
- Weight Control Authority
Accredited/Recognised Supplier to:
- Australian Department of Defence (Recognised Supplier – design and documentation)
- Hawker Pacific (Accredited Supplier under AS3902 – ISO 9002)
- QantasLink (Accredited Supplier)
- Pratt & Whitney Canada (Accredited Supplier)
Auto Avia Design specialises in the design and certification of modifications and repairs to fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters. We are powered by highly motivated, experienced and dedicated aeronautical engineers, each with a goal to provide the best possible service and products to the customer.
Our broad Certificate of Approval means that our experience spans all categories of aircraft, from general aviation, helicopters and balloons, to Boeing 747s.
We offer a 24 hour, 7 day a week rapid response service to airline clients, providing repair/modification drawings and approval within a matter of hours.
Our work has been and is recognised internationally by the National Airworthiness Authorities of many affiliated countries and defence organisations.
Our ability to develop quality aeronautical design solutions is witnessed by the close relationship and services we provide to many aircraft and component OEMs.
Some examples of our expertise include:
- Airline Support
- EMS/ENG fit outs (both rotary and fixed wing)
- Aircraft Reconfiguration
- Defence Support
- FLIR Installations
- General Aviation Avionics Upgrades and Installations
- Agricultural Aircraft Modifications and Engine Conversions
- Cargo Barriers and Freight Nets
- Design and Certification of Military Target Towing Equipment (Lear 35/36)
- Flight Testing (Performance, Stability, Handling, Systems Evaluation, etc.)
- Fatigue Life Extension Programs
- Retrofit of Sophisticated Avionics Systems such as TCAS, EGPWS
- Ferry and long range fuel system design
- Type certificate holder support
Auto Avia Design has developed thousands of repair schemes for everyday service damage to most sizes and classes of aircraft.
We can accommodate aircraft modifications varying from simple GPS installations through to military early warning sensor modifications.
At all times we strive to provide products and services in a timely fashion and at an economic benefit for the customer. Auto Avia Design is a low risk, multi-disciplinary and highly experienced organisation dedicated to providing effective solutions for all level of customers.